Zephyr provides tailored hoist operation and maintenance training programs for the rescue hoist that you are using. We provide a complete manual that integrates the information provided by the Rescue Hoist OEM and the Aircraft OEM to complement and reinforce our hands on training. The training covers all aspects of maintenance as well as the basics of operating the hoist. The course also includes a comprehensive safety module, including a section on hoist wire rope safety and handling.
The training will emphasize a complete understanding of the helicopter, hoist, and the wire rope cable as a system. The training teaches basic hoist operations, flight line daily inspections, in flight safety, post flight maintenance practices, and lifecycle cost control.
At the end of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the unique and critical nature of the helicopter hoist.
- Perform all the required inspections.
- Identify problems with the hoist and make necessary adjustments.
- Perform inspections of the wire rope and make accept/reject decisions.
- Demonstrate proper wire rope replacement procedure to maximize its life.
- Identify and recommend adequate levels of stock at their location.
Class size can vary from 1 to 8 and the course duration is 2-3 days depending on the style(s) hoists. At the end of the course, all participants receive a Certificate of Completion. A graded evaluation can be provided to all participants if required by their organization.